The Denzel Group is partnered with a highly respected organization in the Lehigh Valley to locate a Senior Java Developer. You will be responsible for building and testing enhancements, including: data preparation/transformation, process orchestration; database maintenance; transactional and batch access capabilities; and operational user interface applications. We are looking for someone who is interested and willing to be working with front edge technologies and true cloud computing!
- Prepare detailed functional specifications, design models, and system work flows from which software applications will be developed and implemented
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Freely shares experience/expertise with the development team. Demonstrates highly collaborative behavior.
- Mentor junior developers and team members
- actively participate in system level design activities; providing solution approaches & alternatives, identifying risks, and appropriately challenging proposed designs and architectures
- Participate, or possibly lead, Proof of Concept activities.
- 6+ years of IT experience in software development, installation, and modification
- Hands-on expert experience with Java in enterprise environment
- Proficient in object-oriented design and appropriate use design/architecture patterns
- Hadoop and Spark proficiency.
- AWS EMR. Amazon Elastic MapReduce is a plus
- Knowledge of and building/design experience with Cloud applications
- Understanding and comfort level in working with multiple SDLC methodologies – iterative, Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- MongoDB and triple-store databases experience a plus
KW: Java, Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, EMR, Mongo, Developer, programmer, software engineer, agile, scrum, xml, json, sdlc, software development lifecycle, enterprise large scale development, cloud computing, new technologies, cutting edge